Next: Program Execution (プログラム実行)
Up: Overall Computer Structure (コンピュータ全体の構成)
Previous: Overall Computer Structure (コンピュータ全体の構成)
Most computers today have the basic structure shown in Figure 1.6.
This is known as the stored program concept (プログラム内蔵方式).
Basic computer structure - the stored program concept
ALU = Arithmetic and Logic Unit (演算論理ユニット)
- proposed by von Neumann, Eckert, Mauchley
- the program is stored in the computer along with any relevant data
- the computer can manipulate the program as if it were data
- the program is executed instruction by instruction
- one by one, the instructions are fetched from memory